I’m an independent consultant. I’m a guide to how a podcast gets made and distributed. I’m a podcast designer with a process for getting you to a show concept, a pilot, or a partner. I’m an expert listener who reviews shows before and after launch, an editor who assesses structure and listenability. I’m a connector who refines your pitch and makes introductions to networks and talent. I’m a content strategist who embeds listener thinking in the design, and audience growth in the distribution, partnerships, and targeted outreach. I’m a realist who balances vision with sustainability, and experimentation with getting something (good) out the door.
I occasionally offer one-hour consultations. Please be in touch to learn more.
Past professional lives include Radiotopia, PRX, NPR, and web and mobile startups. I’m currently proud to serve on the editorial board of The Longest Shortest Time podcast and as an EXPLO trustee. Other passions include good journalism, street media, graphic novels, cities, saving our planet’s livable climate, good friends, long walks, knitting scarves, and my two little girls.
- Spotify (Sound Up podcast trainings for underrepresented voices, Dope Labs, original programming)
- Critical Frequency (Drilled, Peace of Mind, Gaslit Nation)
- Lucy Kalanithi (Gravity)
- Eboni K. Williams
- America’s Test Kitchen (Proof)
- The Conversation US (Heat and Light)
- Earth Rangers
- Nonprofit Quarterly (Tiny Spark)
- The Cheney Agency
- National Domestic Workers Alliance
- The Studs Terkel Radio Archive
- American Public Media (The Mash-Up Americans)
- WBUR Boston (Modern Love, Dear Sugar, Endless Thread)
- WHYY Philadelphia (The Radio Adventures of Eleanor Amplified, The Remix)
- Other public media: PBS (Masterpiece Studio), PRI, New Hampshire Public Radio
- A podcast about loneliness, an indie bookstore owner, a freelance journalist, an international IP law firm, a serial entrepreneur, a documentary filmmaker, a gun violence prevention advocate