I’m an independent consultant. I’m a guide to how a podcast gets made and distributed. I’m a podcast designer with a process for getting you to a show concept, a pilot, or a partner. I’m an expert listener who reviews shows before and after launch, an editor who assesses structure and listenability. I’m a connector who refines your pitch and makes introductions to networks and talent. I’m a content strategist who embeds listener thinking in the design, and audience growth in the distribution, partnerships, and targeted outreach. I’m a realist who balances vision with sustainability, and experimentation with getting something (good) out the door.
Past professional lives include Radiotopia, PRX, NPR, and web and mobile startups. I’m currently proud to serve on the editorial board of The Longest Shortest Time podcast and as an EXPLO trustee. Other passions include good journalism, street media, graphic novels, cities, good friends, long walks, knitting scarves, and my two little girls.
- American Public Media (The Mash-Up Americans)
- WBUR Boston (Modern Love, Dear Sugar, Reddit)
- WHYY Philadelphia (The Radio Adventures of Eleanor Amplified, The Remix)
- New Hampshire Public Radio
- The Studs Terkel Radio Archive
- PBS (Masterpiece Studio)
Beyond Public Media
- National Domestic Workers Alliance
- The Cheney Agency
- The Conversation US
- A freelance journalist, an international IP law firm, a serial entrepreneur, a documentary filmmaker, a gun violence prevention advocate