I’m an independent consultant. I’m a guide to how a podcast gets made and distributed. I’m a podcast designer with a process for getting you to a show concept, a pilot, or a partner. I’m an expert listener who reviews shows before and after launch, an editor who assesses structure and listenability. I’m a connector who refines your pitch and makes introductions to networks and talent. I’m a content strategist who embeds listener thinking in the design, and audience growth in the distribution, partnerships, and targeted outreach. I’m a realist who balances vision with sustainability, and experimentation with getting something (good) out the door.
I occasionally offer one-hour consultations. Please be in touch to learn more.
Past professional lives include Radiotopia, PRX, NPR, and web and mobile startups. I’m proud to serve as an EXPLO trustee. I was proud to serve on the editorial board of The Longest Shortest Time podcast. Other passions include good journalism, street media, graphic novels, cities, saving our planet’s livable climate, good friends, long walks, knitting scarves, and my two little girls.
- Spotify Sound Up podcast trainings for people who are underrepresented in podcasting: I’m a founding team member who designs the curriculum and leads some of the trainings. I’ve advised alumni shows including Dope Labs, In Those Genes, FOGO, High, Good People, and more to come!
- Spotify original programming
- Critical Frequency (Inherited, Drilled, Peace of Mind)
- Lucy Kalanithi (Gravity)
- Eboni K. Williams (Holding Court)
- Jigsaw Productions
- America’s Test Kitchen (Proof)
- Economic Hardship Reporting Project
- Earth Rangers
- Nonprofit Quarterly (Tiny Spark)
- The Cheney Agency
- National Domestic Workers Alliance
- The Conversation US (Heat and Light)
- The Studs Terkel Radio Archive
- American Public Media (The Mash-Up Americans)
- WBUR Boston (Modern Love, Dear Sugar, Endless Thread)
- WHYY Philadelphia (The Radio Adventures of Eleanor Amplified, The Remix)
- Other public media: Michigan Radio (Kids These Days), PBS (Masterpiece Studio), PRI, New Hampshire Public Radio
- Individuals including an ER physician, an indie bookstore owner, several journalists, a professional storyteller, an international IP law firm, a serial entrepreneur, a gun violence prevention advocate