I’m an independent consultant. I’m a guide to how a podcast gets made and distributed. I’m a podcast designer with a process for getting you to a show concept, a pilot, or a partner. I’m an expert listener who reviews shows before and after launch, an editor who assesses structure and listenability. I’m a connector who refines your pitch and makes introductions to networks and talent. I’m a content strategist who embeds listener thinking in the design, and audience growth in the distribution, partnerships, and targeted outreach. I’m a realist who balances vision with sustainability, and experimentation with getting something (good) out the door.
I advise organizations of all sizes and shapes, and I make a lot of time for independent makers, too.
I occasionally offer one-hour consultations. Please be in touch to learn more.
Past professional lives include Radiotopia, PRX, NPR, and web and mobile startups. I’m proud to serve as a Founding Governor of The Podcast Academy and as an EXPLO trustee. I was proud to serve on the editorial board of The Longest Shortest Time podcast. Other passions include good journalism, street media, graphic novels, saving our planet’s livable climate, good friends, long walks, knitting scarves, and my two little girls.
- Spotify Sound Up global trainings for people who are underrepresented in podcasting. I’m a member of Sound Up’s founding team and lead curriculum designer. I’ve facilitated several Sound Ups in the US and the UK. I’ve onboarded new facilitators around the world to lead their own Sound Ups. Alumni shows include Dope Labs, In Those Genes, FOGO, You Heard Me Write, The Lesbitude Podcast, Looking for Esther, and more to come!
- ***Just Launched*** KEXP (Fresh Off The Spaceship)
- BirdNote (Bring Birds Back, Threatened, and more)
- Texas Public Radio (Twenty-Four Seven)
- ***Peabody Nominee*** Critical Frequency + Crooked Media (This Land Season 2)
- Wonder Media Network + Lucy Kalanithi (Gravity)
- Critical Frequency (Inherited, Drilled, Peace of Mind)
- Eboni K. Williams (Holding Court)
- Jigsaw Productions
- America’s Test Kitchen (Proof)
- Economic Hardship Reporting Project
- Earth Rangers
- Nonprofit Quarterly (Tiny Spark)
- The Cheney Agency
- National Domestic Workers Alliance
- The Conversation US (Heat and Light)
- The Studs Terkel Radio Archive
- Public media: WBUR Boston (Modern Love, Dear Sugar, Endless Thread), WHYY Philadelphia (The Radio Adventures of Eleanor Amplified, etc.), Michigan Radio (Kids These Days), PBS (Masterpiece Studio), PRI, New Hampshire Public Radio, American Public Media (The Mash-Up Americans)
- Individuals including an ER physician, an indie bookstore owner, several journalists, a professional storyteller, an international IP law firm, a serial entrepreneur, a gun violence prevention advocate